Tuesday, April 7, 2015

back again...

II feel I am so jaded to this whole process.  I walked into the doors at my fertility doctor's office and just the emotions and memories washed over me.  So much time and money has been spent at this place and I can't really complain because our wonderful son is worth every penny and moment.  But there is this part of me that is like, why. Why can't we get pregnant on our own? For FREE?  Oh wait.  We did get pregnant on our own in January! Oh wait. Bad eggs. Miscarriage. Tears.

I doubt I will blog much more than just to keep record of the FET process.  Do you know what that means? I wish I didn't have to.  Frozen Embryo Transfer.  Thankfully, it is a lot less stress, cost and drugs than a fresh IVF.

On April 6th I spent 10 minutes with my doctor getting the low down that I am about to share and then met with the financial specialist to get the costs for everything.  Here we go:

The PLAN:
wait.

what? Wait?

Yup, wait till my cycle starts.  I haven't had a period since the miscarriage so there is no telling when good old aunt flow will show up.

Then birth control pills.

What? Why?

The birth control pills are to get me on neutral.  To get my body in timing with my RE's office.

After I start the pills then I have to schedule the nurses class and from what I remember from the IVF's nurses class this is where I get my calendar and prescriptions ordered.  He, also, wants me to do a repeat saline ultrasound.  Best to make sure everything is clear and ready to go before we transfer that precious embryo.

So, medicine:
Birth Control
Estrogen Supplementation to prepare the lining of the uterus (3 pills 3 times a day)
Progesterone (shots! HUGE needle!....never done this needle before)

Money: (doesn't it always come back to this? There would be so much less stress if it wasn't so expensive to get me pregnant)
$122.02 Initial meeting with Dr
$2600 to thaw, prepare and transfer embryo
$55 Nurse Education
$300 ultra sound and bloodwork (probably 2 before transfer)
$400 ultra sound and bloodwork (i think after transfer...info overload)
Medications $500-1000 to be billed from pharmacy
Saline Ultrasound $600

so. back to waiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment